Biogenesis embodies the idea that like produces like and as such all generations are connected – our behaviours, entanglements and beliefs are seeds that are sown and nurtured.
Seeds, pods, stamens and bulbs all inspire the processes and forms of my collections. I use both wire and clay to create works that explore the curiosity of nature’s reproduction in different environments.
My ceramic works include different clays for colours, textures and sources. Surface decoration includes a natural palette of dry glazes which resonate with the natural environment – both above and below ground. The knitted wire elements include silver plated copper wire and coloured enamelled wire. Rain, salt water, yoghurt and fire are used to create approriate patinas and texture.
- Kerrie Lowe Gallery Newtown, April 2019
- Art Gallery on Darling Balmain, February 2019
- Kerrie Lowe Gallery Newtown, December 2018
- The Downing Centre Sydney, 2018
- The Muse Gallery Ultimo, 2018
- Pro Hart Outback Art Prize, Finalist July 2019
- Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts (Ceramics) – 2019 Graduation
- Diploma of Ceramics, 2018
- Diploma of Marketing
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma of Retail Management
- Certificate IV Training & Assessment
Member of the Australian Ceramics Association